Last week Jaxon had an asthma attack that was really bad. I almost called 911 because he couldn't catch his breath enough to get any of his medicine in. He finally started breathing a little easier and I took him to the doctor and he started him on several medications, 4 times a day. He has had asthma all his life but never had an attack this bad before. I think that his lungs were still damaged from when he had influenza and pneumonia back in May and then allergy season hit and his lungs couldn't handle it. He is starting to feel much better now.
Madison has some warts burned off and some of them turned into blood blisters. See the picture but don't pass out because it's really gross. I have been changing the dressings on them daily because they popped. She has had warts before but this time she had over 30 burned off- big toe, 2nd toe, thumb, belly, chin, upper lip and under nose. Poor girl!
Yesterday, Taylor got his wisdom teeth removed. It took 2 dentists 5 hours to get all four of them out. The dentists hadn't seen wisdom teeth this bad for a very long time. We started in Saratoga Springs at the dentist and he worked for 2 1/2 hours and could only get out 3/4 of one tooth. He then sent us to his brother in Orem and he worked on the rest of that tooth and then the other 3. The bottom teeth were really bad and took most of the time. They had to give Taylor numbing medicine 4 different times to keep the pain under control. By time we went to leave he was starting to really hurt but they couldn't give him anymore and so we had to drive home (fast!) to pick up his prescriptions and get his pain pills started. He was in lots of pain yesterday but is starting to feel a little better now. He is on lots of medications too- 4 times a day.
Darvell has been in Las Vegas all week and has been suffering from severe allergies because of the really dry weather down there. So, I'm sure when he returns I will be taking care of him too.
I feel like the family nurse--Medicine for two, 4 times a day and dressing changes every day.
Hopefully, next week will be better. And, I hope that Kelsey and I have nothing happen to us.
That's a totally gross picture, Gayla. But, very fun to hear how you all are doing. Tell Jaxon I hope he's breathing better. Asthma is no fun!
ReplyDeleteOh yuck! I am sorry. We really missed you guys last week!! Hopefully we will get to see you all soon. love, kodi
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing you are a nurse!
ReplyDelete